Discussyes_logo
DISCUSSYES
CelebSample
Home Messages Mentions Dyesers Menu Panel
Ad

Discussyes

Announcement

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Discussyes » Support » The Tales of DISCUSSYES (Episode 1)

The Tales of DISCUSSYES (Episode 1)

Posts 1 to 10 of 17

Welcome to The Tales of DISCUSSYES.
This is an epic and historical concept that will capture some moment in the growth of DISCUSSYES.
The story will base on the success and  struggle of this great forum and members who contributed to this archievement from the begining.
This story coverd from the time before and after i became member of this forum and part of it will be maybe just imaginary but will help bring the light of the true history and the excitement of reading the tales of DISCUSSYES.
There are plenty to write about but will try to keep it short, simple and readable like most of my post.

Lets go...

THE TALES OF DISCUSSYES

Not quite long ago many Nigerian youths were struggling to see if they can make a living off the web. Good a move the made was to start a discussion forums amid the existing successful forums in the likes of nairaland, naijapals, nigeriaforum etc. Some new forum that emerges to be relatively succesful then was NCT forum, wapforum, and lafkillme. This new forums was the product of the famous board platform of mybb, they started growing in population and popularity because their zest developers was giving there new curious and fun seeking members just what they needed as they were already getting fed up of the famous forums mentioned above.

In the light of this advance cyber tech, there was a young Nigerian whose heart was fulled, alone with his thoughts. His name is Abbey.

He was so concered about how to make a mark in the hostile discussion platform. Deeply in thoughts and pondering over many things which perherps include the odds against him, he however decided to make a move.

He would have considered the pros and corns and the risk he would encounter in creating and running a forum because he've being an active member of some forums. His inovative skill would be his fundermental advantage.

He started this unusual jorney of a thousand mile which first step will determine the fate, that first step in building a web app is naming.

When it comes to naming it's often difficult to decide, thousand have fallen by the edge of the swored in there business often because of the wrong name, others including me are still striving. Many was the names that may have run through the mind of Abbey, but the effort and courage in making a decision was proven to have worth it as we all see.

He choosed the name DISCUSSYES which sound perfectly to the niche and tradition of his forum. Enough of the naming.

Letter he discovered a platform that would be nice to provide the kind of codusive interactive system he have ever desired, immediatly he seized the opportunity and started making all the neccessary preparation for his goal.
He get a domain, a host, and installed the script he found favour with. There after he wrote many codes to edit the messy looking script he installed. How happy he would of being to have started a mobile friendly discussion forum.
But the journey have just begun.
The next phase of his quest was the most difficult. This is about attrating members, its too difficult to get just a member to a newly created forum due to the board and quiet atmosphere.
Abbey was striving very hard to archieve this part of his goal. He joined many forums and made many post linking to his discussyes.ml, sad though many will see and ignore the lonely link of this humble competitor, few others will click the link and have a quick look in the new forum but leave. Others would talk down on his effort.

In this point i'll give you a brief look into what Abbey passed through as he was deligently advertising his DISCUSSYES.

The following event took place on the 30th of May 2018.

Abbey wrote:

Great members of Wapforum! Please with all
humility, I want to ask for your review and also
your membership in this forum. Thanks! http://discussyes.ml @flexible@Dynamo@MrCally@phanteez@Rayn and others

He got the following replies:

you try small but your nav titles are not complete

Its nice. Aldo i can see many defects... I see u are exploring phpbb

The above tells you how hard it was for Abbey to convince people to join DISCUSSYES, but he wasn't fed up with disappointment and quit, rather he persevered and continue.

Another line of action he adopted was what i termed a door to door campaign. He started sending out private message to as many as possible. This method produced a limited success and a handfull of people started joining the then known DISCUSSYES. That was also how i joined the forum...

This is where the first episode of The Tales of DISCUSSYES ends.
In the next episode i'll focus on the features and some outstanding members of the then known DISCUSSYES.

Permit me to continue with the Tales of DISCUSSYES Abbey.
I'm really having fun writing this... :)

This is really an epic story. Nice one Cally

I am impressed with this story. I salute your courage Abbey

Speechless! Humbled! Flattered! Surprised! :) What else? I don't know what to say again.

It really amazed me the way you narrated the story and journey of DISCUSSYES from the beginning. I myself can't say it more than this. But I am not surprised with your writing skills, this proved how you are a good and superb story writer.

I don't have much to say than to thank you for your love and support. God bless you and all DYESERS. DISCUSSYES will surely get to the top in Jesus name. Forward ever for Fundeal!

Permission GRANTED! I can't wait to read Episode 2. Thanks once again!

This is a masterclass write up. You did a great job Cally in writing this detailed story of DISCUSSYES. This is :cool:

I won't forget to give credit to Abbey too for keeping the forum running till today despite challenges and discouragement

I am touched by this story. You're a good follower of this forum, DISCUSSYES. You know the nitty gritty of DISCUSSYES. Also you are a good story writer. Good one.

I must greatly commend Abbey for the courage to stand up and not quit when the going get tough. I wish more grace!

Interesting story! I am also a witness to some of the parts in this tale of DISCUSSYES. I wish DISCUSSYES a greater height

There's a saying that a journey of thousand miles begins with a step. I believe this is the story of DISCUSSYES. The founder has taken a greater responsibilty in pursuing this vision. Abbey I pray that God will give you more strength and grace to take DISCUSSYES to top most top in Jesus name

Last edited by Dexter (24th May 2019 03:54 pm)

Pls Metorkay did u saw the first version of DISCUSSYES? I only remembered you from v2 and the current v3.

Wow! Did you copy it from wikipedia? :D. The story was filled with accurate details and statistics.

Good job Cally and more grease to your elbow Abbey. You will surely get there!

You are here » Discussyes » Support » The Tales of DISCUSSYES (Episode 1)